Horseback Riding Lessons
We’re pleased to offer English & Western horseback riding lessons to children and adults of all ages. We ride year year-round, 7 days a week and offer a flexible schedule to meet your busy needs. Our riding lessons cater to beginner to advanced riders.
Lessons are designed to meet each individual rider’s needs and goals. During our first lesson, we’ll discuss your riding experience and any goals you have for your horseback riding experience. We will then develop a lesson plan to help you achieve your goals!
Our students have varied interests. Some riders have clear goals such as jumping, dressage, barrel racing, pole bending or simply to feel safe riding a horse on a trail ride. Whatever your goals may be, our mission is to provide you with the appropriate instruction to work on and achieve your goals.
Students that have riding experience will be evaluated to be sure they have mastered the basics of riding (balance and control at walk, trot and canter). Beginners will focus on learning these fundamental skills and conquering the basics of horseback riding. These evaluations help us pair each student with the proper horse and help us develop a lesson plan to help them achieve their goals!
• Balance – The foundation for all horseback riders
• Control – All riders learn to “steer” their horses, stop, back and correct a horse that is not showing respect
• Confidence building for the rider
• Mounting & Dismounting
• How to halter and lead your horse safely
• How to groom (brush) your horse
• Tacking up (putting the saddle and bridle on your horse)
• How to ride your horse properly at a walk and trot
• Canter will be introduced as the student progresses
• Patterns are used to teach the student balance and control
• How to safely ride your horse outside of the arena
Advanced riders will work on the necessary skills needed to achieve their goals as outlined in their personalized lesson plan.
Our fee for Horseback Riding Lessons is $50 per hour of private instruction.
We supply the horse, tack and helmet. You just need to show up with comfy pants (jeans, leggings, breeches), riding shoes (preferably boots with a low heel) and a positive attitude to learn!
Still have questions? Please contact us anytime! We look forward to hearing from you.
Be sure to check out our Summer Horseback Riding Camp!